Lead A Convergence Session
Power Shift 2021 will be a massive youth convergence in April 2021 that brings together thousands of young people for three days of trainings, workshops, and panels to build community, gain skills, and share learnings from the movement.
Our aim is to have programming that:
- Connects with our humanity in a time of crises through art, through culture, through our roots, and through personal connection
- Prioritizes the needs of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region first
- Centers and holds Black and Indigenous healing spaces
- Builds resilience and interconnectedness for ourselves, our communities, and our movements; and gives participants a justice analysis that is grounded in class, cross-movement solidarity, mutual aid, and systems change that radicalizes participants
- Strengthens connections between young people in the climate justice movement and the work of movements for migrant justice, civil rights, abolition, and Indigenous sovereignty, in a way that is grounded in the lived realities that impact our everyday lives
- Names the systems that create our crises: racism, colonialism, extractive capitalism, and patriarchy, and steers toward reparations, land back, and a circular economy (In line with PSN’s guiding principles, we will prioritize the voices of those from Black and Indigenous communities from across the globe in conversations about decolonization)
- Lifts up skills and lessons from ancestral and recent movement history, Indigenous resistance, labor movements, and direct lived experience
- Fosters an environment for attendees to build regional relationships and find local movement centers
We know this will include powerful keynote panels & presenters, breakout spaces for relationship building, direct action trainings, and a solidarity action with organizers in New Orleans. Sign up to be the first to know as content is announced!
We also want you to share your wisdom and knowledge at Power Shift 2021. Do you have experience with restorative justice, campaign planning, cooperatives, or urban gardening? Are you steeped in the history of decentralized organizing, abolition, or Indigenous land defense? Can you hold space for critical conversations on cross-movement solidarity, disability justice, or climate grief?
Fill out the form below to offer your skills in a 90-minute session at Power Shift 2021! The flexible deadline is the end of February, but there will be room to submit content throughout March. You can find the form translated to Vietnamese here.
Sessions will be 90 minutes each. Exact timing will be determined in early 2021 once the final decision is made on whether Power Shift 2021 will be held in-person in New Orleans or digitally.